Battlefield 4 > BF4 Server Topics

Should we run a High Pink Kicker?

(1/5) > >>

ZJbrandon:
This seems highly controversial, with evidence seeming to support both sides, however from my research a little more suggests that high pingers do indeed introduce a less enjoyable experience, largely do to BF4's supposed in game "lag compensation"

Please post here whether you think we should or shouldn't, I am considering a test period of a kicker to see if the server has a better experience, or if this hype is all bullshit excuses.
 :cheers:

gsxr1300r:
Bigger question you may run into.....what is that limit? I haven't really notice any over 200 but to be blunt i never pay attention to pings except my own for when i am laggy. I am thinking I may take a few vid cards out to test harry's idea.

irviding:
then foreign players won't be able to join game though. maybe do what gsxr said and set it to kick at like 180-200 in cases of really high ping

ZJbrandon:
yeah, i was thinking somewhere in the area of 150-160 as a limit.
it could indeed keep some overseas players from joining which sucks, however IF it makes the server play better (better hitreg, less wtf shots behind walls, etc) it might be worth the sacrifice.

keep the opinions flowing, guys!
 :cheers:

Jeffey:
Whats a ping kicker?  :neener:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version