Teamspeak Viewer

Latest Forum Members

This website is remains on a monthly payment for now, just can't quite yet bring myself to lose the record of our epic past!
The Teamspeak 3 server is an abandoned dark hole - scheduled to cease Dec.7th.
Find and friend us in Discord if you dare.
ZJ

Author Topic: Special Forces rotation?  (Read 16139 times)

Re: Special Forces rotation?
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2013, 04:14:38 PM »

G.o.D.

• .50Cal Admin
  • Server Admin
Yeap agreed... Go ahead and create a SF profile.. FF off. Same rules apply as default profile. Whatever day works, we just need to get some SF time in, on a quality server.
Ghosttown is getting old, FAST!

USMC Retired 92-04

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2013, 04:33:57 PM »

donfede692

While very interested in spec forces @ tits, I would proceed cautiously in an exploratory fashion.  The idea fits well with the "outside-the-box" approach that tits takes on bf2.

Reviewing the gametracker historical trends for tits, weekends look pretty popular already, and probably not something to interfere with (if anything, use that as an opportunity to advertise our plans :-D).    http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/68.232.165.11:16567/

If we try spec-forces on a day that's already a 'dud' (say Wed or Thur), we'll have little to lose.  Worst case, we can drop this experiment after two or four weeks.  Even if there is some success, I expect the admins will review and adjust after a couple weeks.

*** key detail: as a tits community member, I would be able to help prime the spec-forces server on a Wed or Thur PM.  Input from other tits members per this would be useful.  Maybe a second poll?

Not having a lot of experience with spec-forces (mostly warlord and ghost-town), it would be interesting to try all the maps initially.  This would allow people to get more familiar with the options, and for admins to note community trends/interest.

*T*
donfede

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2013, 04:39:55 PM »

ZJbrandon

• Teabaggin' Slut
  • Admin
pretty much exactly what i was thinking, donfede.

so far Wed or Thurs, seems to be the day that would have least impact.

and thanks for your support and input, donfede. you are a well respected player around here!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 05:08:22 PM by ZJbrandon »

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2013, 07:48:55 AM »

G.o.D.

• .50Cal Admin
  • Server Admin
So, if any friends or members or TiTs that doesnt have SF, let us know, Iam sure we can work something out.
Cant wait to play around on the first rotation.

USMC Retired 92-04

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2013, 10:33:10 AM »

G.o.D.

• .50Cal Admin
  • Server Admin
I think overall, the Special Forces rotation was a success.  We had a good many pubbers, join in. For the most part most of the members, played as much as they could. 
Good many regs came and played as well. Now if we can get some feedback.
I think Warlord needs to be switch to 64, and maybe one or 2 others.
Not sure of round time, but for whatever reason, it seemed shorter, on SF.
Probably just me..

USMC Retired 92-04

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2013, 11:04:12 AM »

ZJbrandon

• Teabaggin' Slut
  • Admin
Yeah, it was pretty cool!

Funny as shit when me and karma were wandering around on that carrier all lost and cussing about it!

Would warlord 64 be too big? Why not try it.
Any maps that should be removed? It didn't seem like it to me, but I was lost all night, so wtf do I know anyway.

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2013, 12:25:29 PM »

G.o.D.

• .50Cal Admin
  • Server Admin
Best to squad up with someone that knows the maps.. It's going to take me a abit to get back into the swing of the things..
People that have been playing need to check out the rewards, ribbons, and medals, for SF.
I need afew hours on some, and alot on others...
Had a blast.

USMC Retired 92-04

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2013, 04:11:16 PM »

donfede692

Yep - i would concur that the SF day went pretty well.  My rating would be 3.5/5.

+ server seemed At Least as busy as the previous Wednesday
+ saw several regulars and also some new faces throughout the evening
+ got to play through all the SF maps (many of which I only had ~2 minutes on previously, from hoping in and out of crummy time/stat-padding servers)

- at least a couple regulars were unable to join us because of SF copy/license issues.  I (donfede) will be glad to sponsor a Steam copy of SF for anyone that needs one; PM me.
- some users that tried Steam SF had crashes.  Thinking about these challenges more leisurely, I suspect the crashes were due to incomplete installs (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=4341-SHXN-0411)
- we didn't get to try IO; but that was likely not appropriate for the trial night and configured maps
- personally, it seems that Tue for BF2-IO and Wed for SF, are too close together...  but, I don't have a better day to suggest either.

I concur with missing the Warlord 64 map.  While it is a large map, I would equate it with Karkand 64, which often succeeds on the tits server. 

Looking forward to giving it another run.

best,
donfede

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2013, 08:34:39 PM »

PCP777

I've had BF2 for years, finally ditched the discs and did the full BF2 steam download. Since then I've wondered if it included SF. I would love to play those maps again. Good to find this forum, Googled tits&taps several timesand only got game tracker stuff.

« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2013, 09:45:00 PM »

G.o.D.

• .50Cal Admin
  • Server Admin
Welcome PCP.. glad you found us.

USMC Retired 92-04