Teamspeak Viewer

Latest Forum Members

This website is remains on a monthly payment for now, just can't quite yet bring myself to lose the record of our epic past!
The Teamspeak 3 server is an abandoned dark hole - scheduled to cease Dec.7th.
Find and friend us in Discord if you dare.
ZJ

Author Topic: Capping out  (Read 9090 times)

Capping out
« on: December 18, 2013, 09:37:32 PM »

Exumify

• Dirty Swede!
  • Server Admin
I think there should be a rule against capping out over 50-100 tickets or something because it's really annoying to see when there's a good map on, or if it's on special forces when there's not a lot of maps to play, and when a team is completely ignoring that the other team is about to be capped out.

:cheers:
Fuck, fuck, fuck a duck
Screw a kangaroo
69 a porcupine
Orgy at the Zoo!

Re: Capping out
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 09:57:04 PM »

Antares

• Honorary Member
I agree. There have been some really good games going when all the sudden one of the teams are capped out. Maybe not a rule initially, but a common courtesy/ an understanding among the regular players.

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 10:00:33 PM »

Exumify

• Dirty Swede!
  • Server Admin
Trust me, there are players who don't give a shit about if they cap the other team out.  :o
Fuck, fuck, fuck a duck
Screw a kangaroo
69 a porcupine
Orgy at the Zoo!

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 09:46:06 AM »

ZJbrandon

• Teabaggin' Slut
  • Admin
ahh, yes...
another thing on the list of most annoying things in BF2, right up there with AFK players making teams unbalanced.

that does suck.
another thing we could do is put it in the scrolling messages, worded like a strong suggestion.
Exumify is right though. there are some players who don't give a crap - it's all about the points, ignoring the fact that they could get more points if they backed off the flag, prolonging the round.

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 04:34:31 PM »

Q-IC_H2O

• Honorary Member
agree to exumify and now we talking over this sometimes when we have some good rounds going they suddenly ends because the timer runs out ( 40 mins) and we have like 100 tickets both teams over maybe posseble to change timer to 1 hour or no timer?

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2013, 05:07:15 PM »

ZJbrandon

• Teabaggin' Slut
  • Admin
sorry a bit off topic, but!

lol, yes the time limit thing has been brought up a bit.

when i first set up the server it was put into place, primarily to keep those kind of rounds where it's so painful for one side to not drag on and on...

it does suck to run out of time before tickets, on one hand. it also sucks to have a round be shitty for any longer than it has to be.

it's certainly something we can discuss further, put up to vote, whatever.
from what i can tell, *most* people agree that 40 min, while sometimes too short, is a pretty good middle ground, of not too short, and not too long, for those nasty rounds.

:cheers:

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2013, 08:49:48 AM »

PooSniffer

• Server Admin
There is however a better solution to the capping out... stop camping and cap some flags!!  :flipoff:
The Poo

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2013, 09:30:41 AM »

Exumify

• Dirty Swede!
  • Server Admin
Aint always that easy  :flipoff:
Fuck, fuck, fuck a duck
Screw a kangaroo
69 a porcupine
Orgy at the Zoo!

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2014, 07:31:25 PM »

Neofreak2084

• Server Admin
I understand what you guys are saying, but I'm not so sure not capping out the last flag on a blowout game is any kind of favor for the other team. Chopper keeps spinning around,blasting the spawn point, snipers keep nailing you ,tank fifty yards out pouring it on,jets bombing you into next week...etc.. When it degenerates into that ,I just stop spawning in and watch. I've been in matches where it lasted ten min. and longer. If ever there was a server killer, this is one of the tops. If the teams are that bad in a round, cap em' out and move on, or switch sides and see if you can help the other team.They might actually stay for the next round if you do.

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2014, 08:11:47 PM »

gsxr1300r

• Honorary Member
    • BS
..................................................................... thats my comment!