Teamspeak Viewer

Latest Forum Members

This website is remains on a monthly payment for now, just can't quite yet bring myself to lose the record of our epic past!
The Teamspeak 3 server is an abandoned dark hole - scheduled to cease Dec.7th.
Find and friend us in Discord if you dare.
ZJ

Author Topic: NOW OUTDATED - BF2Hub or Revive BF2/Battlelog.co HELP TUTORIAL  (Read 31321 times)

ZJbrandon

• Teabaggin' Slut
  • Admin
August 2014: Both options have changed a bit.
BF2Hub does not seem to function as it used to, and the newest Revive launcher has new and different steps.
This thread may still contain useful information, but the tutorial steps are now outdated.

Using the old method of launching BF2 will give you "Database Error", this signifies Gamespy servers have stopped, and you need to use one of the two options to login and play. It's not as bad as it looks, and I am more than happy to remote into your PC to do via TeamViewer if needed. Several of us have already done so for others with quick and easy success.

Revive BF2:
ambitious project very much still in progress
works for many people, but is error prone
they don't have the ranks and unlocks available, yet. (edit: as of 7/22, they appear to have them implemented)

BF2hub:
not as ambitious
has a higher success rate
unlocks are available immediately

BF2 Hub Method:

Got to www.bf2hub.com.
Download installer and Run.
After install, find the new icon in your system tray, by the clock.
Right Click --> Show.
First, Update your account and players. it should show you confirmation of its activity and success when completed.
It should find your available info, the ones that go green should be available to transfer into their database.
If you get password incorrect errors trying to retrieve accounts, Neofreak has found a solution, two posts down from this one.
Save Accounts, with the big yellow button at the bottom.
Close that window, and on the main window, click Enable BF2 Hub Network.
If Windows pops a window here asking which user to allow, if you are an admin, the unchecking "Protect my files" should get you past this.
Use your original BF2 shortcut or however you launched BF2 before all of this gamespy shit went down, not the revivebf2 one, if you already had it.
Use your original BF2 login from before any of this Revive or Gamespy stuff happened.

ReviveBf2 Method:

Step 1:
Go to http://www.battlelog.co/ and register your name and password, use the same as your regular soldier for consistency and future retrieval of stats.
Confirm you can login to that website, your name should appear in a yellow frame box in upper right.

Step 2:
Download the launcher installer from that website and run it.
It must be installed into the same Directory as your BF2.exe.
There are options to have it assume the location based on how you installed BF2, i.e. from disc, from Steam, Origin.
You can choose "custom" and manually direct the installer to the proper folder, as well.

You Must have .NET Framework v4 or higher. (Not having it will likely give you "Application Error")
If you are on WinXP, it is likely you will need to download and install this before proceeding.
v4.5 for Vista SP2 and higher: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30653
v4.0 for XP SP3 http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17851

Step 3:
You should have a new shortcut from the new Launcher install, it is a red BF2 number 2 tilted a bit.
This is your new method to play BF2, it will bring up a window, login to this with the same name and password you used on the battlelog website.
Press PLAY BF2.
BF2 should launch and bring you to the login screen, again, use the same info as before.
You should now get to the screen you know and love, find a server from the internet list or from your favorites.

Step 4:
Play.

If you get errors, here is info on that:
http://www.battlelog.co/post.php?id=31
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 05:08:04 PM by ZJbrandon »

Re: Revive BF2 - Battlelog.co HELP TUTORIAL
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 05:05:19 PM »

zee.233

• Honorary Slut
  • Honorary Member
this info should be on the battlelog.co front page, plain english.

it would save me a good few hours browsing illiterate's posts. it wouldn't work coz i've already did all that, but at least i'd let it go in 5 minutes, not 5 hours. sigh. lol

all us mere peons genuflect in the glowing ambiance of the almighty Zee

Girly Girls x https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0g406TN0tmQ

Re: Revive BF2 - Battlelog.co HELP TUTORIAL
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2014, 05:12:36 PM »

ZJbrandon

• Teabaggin' Slut
  • Admin
thanks, dude. I tried to make a nice simple summary of the steps, hoping to get as many as possible through this process so we can get back to fraggin' and baggin'! :cheers:

Re: BF2Hub or Revive BF2/Battlelog.co HELP TUTORIAL
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2014, 07:03:55 PM »

Neofreak2084

• Server Admin
Possible hope for anyone who used a different password with their same Nickname when they signed up and already ran BF2 with Battlefield Revive, and want to use Hub instead.

OK...IT works...http://www.battlelog.co/post.php?id=455 This thread has a Password changer you can D/L http://www.bf2hub.com/downloads/bf2hubpwdenc.exe , run and type your ORIGINAL gamespy BF2 password in and it spits out the long encrypted version that should be in your 0001 folder (profile text document). If you already ran BF Revive, this data gets changed to reflect your new password ,and Hub doesn't recognize it as being valid when you try to back-up and run through Hub. I was able to edit the profile document(Opens with notepad) My Documents/Battlefield 2/Profiles/0001/Profile document, and successfully back-up my account and play BF2 through Hub.
The Email, Nickname and Password all need to be changed to your ORIGINAL BF2 Account data if they are different. (If you try to just input your original password without it being in the encrypted long form,Hub doesn't recognize it, which is why you need the Password encrypter program) Change that data if needed, and paste the ENCRYPTED version of your original password in. Close and save the document,and you should be ready to run "Back-up accounts" in the Hub window.If you did everything correct,it should verify your CD Keys and your account. Using this method, you should be able to edit the other documents for any other accounts you may have(0002,0003 etc.< I think that's how more than one account is labeled in the profile folder- I only have one), to back them up with Hub as well.

Once you verify your account successfully you close that window and click the "Enable BF2 Hub Network" which brings you to another window to ask which user account on your PC you want to use. Select and and click OK.
You may have to go back and un-check the "Protect my computer and data from unauthorized program activity" box if it doesn't work. You launch BF2 with your original shortcut and input your original pass and game name when you login.

My Documents/Battlefield2/profiles/0001/profile document (open using notepad) -----The file should look like this ( the last two lines -total played time and Number times Logged in should be fine whatever they are and don't need any change) All data changes need to be input between the quotation marks like this     "Neofreak 2084"   (Spaces and whatever in your nick are fine,but no spaces between the first quotation marks and the start of your nickname, as well as the end) There should be no open spaces with your encrypted password and email in between the quotation marks.

LocalProfile.setName "original nickname here"
LocalProfile.setNick "original nickname here"
LocalProfile.setGamespyNick "original nickname here"
LocalProfile.setEmail "Put original email for BF2 here"
LocalProfile.setPassword "put original encrypted password here using the password encrypter"
LocalProfile.setTotalPlayedTime 3.98234e+006
LocalProfile.setNumTimesLoggedIn 1

Hope this makes sense guys,I know my original post was a little vague, as I was still getting through it and wrote it as if everyone knew what I was talking about. Hopefully this spells it out better and makes it easy for you.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 02:29:20 AM by Neofreak2084 »

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2014, 09:49:18 PM »

zee.233

• Honorary Slut
  • Honorary Member
First of all, the blonde is talking about BF2HUB.com

so how do you login with it. once again, bf2revive works flawlesly for me, but i didn't backup my account in BF2Hub. do i use vanilla BF2.exe or revive BF2RG.exe. i mean, after i change my revive pass and revert to the settings you've just posted, what do you click?

coz in BF2Hub i got this screen and only:

« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 09:59:44 PM by zee.233 »

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2014, 11:33:51 PM »

ZJbrandon

• Teabaggin' Slut
  • Admin
Yeah, you might be almost there, zee. I have offered help to you several times now. Maybe you didn't see.
Do you have a mic? Join us in vent, very easy to go over with voice.

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2014, 03:42:15 PM »

gsxr1300r

• Honorary Member
    • BS
First of all, the blonde is talking about BF2HUB.com

so how do you login with it. once again, bf2revive works flawlesly for me, but i didn't backup my account in BF2Hub. do i use vanilla BF2.exe or revive BF2RG.exe. i mean, after i change my revive pass and revert to the settings you've just posted, what do you click?

coz in BF2Hub i got this screen and only:

SAME thing i got....  no where does it allow me to do player name. I mever used a different password then what i was using as far as i know...

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2014, 04:28:32 PM »

ZJbrandon

• Teabaggin' Slut
  • Admin
Might need to manually fix your profile.con file, especially if you used a different pw with the revive launcher, reinstalled, or many things. Its easy, info is here,  or get in vent, easier to describe the process.

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2014, 05:26:28 PM »

gsxr1300r

• Honorary Member
    • BS
profile.con file, ?????? WTF is that

Re: NOW OUTDATED - BF2Hub or Revive BF2/Battlelog.co HELP TUTORIAL
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2014, 09:25:46 PM »

ZJbrandon

• Teabaggin' Slut
  • Admin
Gsxr, bf2hub no longer works as it did. The current method is battlelog's launcher.
Jump in vent, we are all familiar with it, and it's easy.

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2014, 05:50:13 PM »

zee.233

• Honorary Slut
  • Honorary Member
they're lying, dont trust them.
there's no way to use BF2Hub if u didn't back up your account when BF2 was still officially online. you're stuck with reviveBF2, which's not that bad after all

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2014, 02:35:57 PM »

zee.233

• Honorary Slut
  • Honorary Member
Forgot about Hub altogether, then the tray message pops up out of the blue.

Click Backup Accounts to backup/transfer your BF2 data.

I used ReviveBF2 account.  Didn't give it much testing but it seems to work ok.

At first I was  :???:, but then I was  :smokin: