Teamspeak Viewer

Latest Forum Members

This website is remains on a monthly payment for now, just can't quite yet bring myself to lose the record of our epic past!
The Teamspeak 3 server is an abandoned dark hole - scheduled to cease Dec.7th.
Find and friend us in Discord if you dare.
ZJ

Author Topic: New Map changes - / larger maps / squad based play / CTF  (Read 7419 times)

New Map changes - / larger maps / squad based play / CTF
« on: July 12, 2015, 05:20:59 PM »

Puffytron

• Server Admin
All Ye Troglodytes,

After hearing all the input over the last couple of weeks,  ZJ and I both added and reordered the maps.  Added conquest large maps, as well as more capture the flag and deleted some of the less popular maps along with changed the order. 

We have about 20 maps in rotation and the 1-10 will be for a smaller population, where as 11 - 20 will generally be for larger style maps.   ZJ and I have spent a couple of hours between discussing, administrating and testing which maps and what modes would be good for TNT.  We have really tried  to take into account the many suggestions and criticisms over the last week. 

So check out the new changes,  and help us out by seeing out if this is both fun for us all as well as popular with the pubbers. 

It's a task to do the administration and spend all the time reading, installing and setting up and continually mucking about to ensure things are working correctly.  So I would like to take the this time to thank  ZJbrandon for his continued and persistent efforts to keep this a fun, drama free place to play!!

Cheers! :redx: :flipoff: :cheers: :cheers: :banghead: :smokin: :neener: :flipoff: :crazy: :jeffey: :yikes: :flipoff: :neener: :neener:

This is more or less the map list and rotation:  *

Operation Whiteout    Domination    1    
1       Operation Firestorm    Team Deathmatch    1    
2       Hainan Resort    Domination    1    
3       Sunken Dragon    Team Deathmatch    1    
4       Golmud Railway    Domination    1    
5       Rogue Transmission    Domination    1    
6       Paracel Storm    Team Deathmatch    1    
7       Pearl Market    Domination    1    
8       Giants Of Karelia    Domination    1    
9       Gulf of Oman    Team Deathmatch    1    
10       Lumphini Garden    Domination    1    
11       Flood Zone    Domination    1    
12       Lost Islands    Domination    1    
13       Silk Road    Team Deathmatch    1    
14       Operation Metro 2014    Domination    1    
15       Siege of Shanghai    Team Deathmatch    1    
16       Hammerhead    Domination    1    
17       Operation Metro 2014 (nextmap)    Capture The Flag    1    
18       Caspian Border    Rush    2    
19       Sunken Dragon    Capture The Flag    1    
20       Siege of Shanghai    Conquest Large    1    
21       Guilin Peaks    Conquest Large    1    
22       Nansha Strike    Conquest Large    1    

* this may or may not be the map rotation.  They can be changed at any time by those douchy admins and there is in no way any expressed or implied warranty.   
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 05:23:46 PM by Puffytron »

Re: New Map changes - / larger maps / squad based play / CTF
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 10:59:37 AM »

Yuda

My feedback on the list:

Operation Whiteout    Domination    1                                    Lame ass map! remove ASAP or sooner!
1       Operation Firestorm    Team Deathmatch    1     Change to Conquest. Firestorm was never a popular DM map on BF3
2       Hainan Resort    Domination    1                             This would be better as a death match
3       Sunken Dragon    Team Deathmatch    1    
4       Golmud Railway    Domination    1                    Golmud is one of the most popular conquest maps in game. Change to CQ or DM.
5       Rogue Transmission    Domination    1            Domination is good for flavor, but this is a really popular death match and conquest map.
6       Paracel Storm    Team Deathmatch    1    
7       Pearl Market    Domination    1    
8       Giants Of Karelia    Domination    1    
9       Gulf of Oman    Team Deathmatch    1                   DM on Gulf can be really hit or miss. Usually ends up being a sniper fest. BF3 had issues with that.
10       Lumphini Garden    Domination    1    
11       Flood Zone    Domination    1                            Change this to Death Match.
12       Lost Islands    Domination    1    
13       Silk Road    Team Deathmatch    1    
14       Operation Metro 2014    Domination    1            I would change this to a rush map. Very different and great BF3 nostalgia. Or just make it conquest.
15       Siege of Shanghai    Team Deathmatch    1    
16       Hammerhead    Domination    1    
17       Operation Metro 2014 (nextmap)    Capture The Flag    1    Meh, its something different. I just don't like the map.  Maybe swap it with Shanghai?
18       Caspian Border    Rush    2                                            Make this a conquest map. It was never super popular as rush in BF3
19       Sunken Dragon    Capture The Flag    1    
20       Siege of Shanghai    Conquest Large    1              Swap this map for Zavod. Much more popular map
21       Guilin Peaks    Conquest Large    1    
22       Nansha Strike    Conquest Large    1    

Food for thought...

Show me yer bewbs!

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 12:50:58 PM »

ZJbrandon

• Teabaggin' Slut
  • Admin
Thanks for the help and input, Puffy.

Also, thanks for the input, Yuda.

There have been a few tweaks since he posted this list, so it is only a rough snapshot.

The whole thing is hit and miss with maps. There often isn't enough players to support the larger CQ maps, and when there are lots of players, the smaller DM and TDM maps get pretty crowded.

I started the server with all CQ Small and TDM maps, and it has been molded since then.
I know of several pubbers who come to our server for the TDM, and prefer it.
I added some Domination mostly to cut down on random spawns, which was a frequently mentioned frustration, and also add flag caps for points.

If we can continue to attract more players, I think it'd be great to run all larger maps, but who knows if that will happen, as there are plenty of servers out there that have been around longer than us and still struggling to have population.

:cheers:

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2015, 11:30:47 AM »

Puffytron

• Server Admin
ZJ,

I like CTF mode.  It really forces team play last night lots of positive feedback.  So I hope you don't mind me adding in some other ctf maps into the rotation. For me its heart pumping fun.  I really have not had my heart rate up in the same way!   The intense competition is quite riveting!

Puffmeisterification!

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2015, 12:39:00 PM »

Jeffey

I agree

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2015, 04:16:22 PM »

ZJbrandon

• Teabaggin' Slut
  • Admin
ZJ,

I like CTF mode.  It really forces team play last night lots of positive feedback.  So I hope you don't mind me adding in some other ctf maps into the rotation. For me its heart pumping fun.  I really have not had my heart rate up in the same way!   The intense competition is quite riveting!

Puffmeisterification!

if there are enough players to make it an actual round, then i agree. the gameplay on CTF is wildly different and a shit ton of fun. My opinion would be to scatter a few CTF in the rotation, but go slowly and see how the regular pubbers respond.

if we have players, and we're having fun, then mission accomplished. :cheers: