Teamspeak Viewer

Latest Forum Members

This website is remains on a monthly payment for now, just can't quite yet bring myself to lose the record of our epic past!
The Teamspeak 3 server is an abandoned dark hole - scheduled to cease Dec.7th.
Find and friend us in Discord if you dare.
ZJ

Author Topic: EA/Gamespy shutdown - R.I.P. Battlefield 2...?  (Read 22328 times)

EA/Gamespy shutdown - R.I.P. Battlefield 2...?
« on: May 12, 2014, 06:01:54 PM »

Re: R.I.P. Battlefield 2...?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 08:10:59 PM »

irviding

• Honorary Member
lol what fucking scumbag executives selling their shares 2 days before this announcement

http://online.barrons.com/news/articles/SB50001424053111903301904579557820755631950?mod=googlenews_barrons

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 11:45:42 PM »

SEVERE-RECTAL-TRAUMA

• Server Admin
Martha Stewart move

I'd travel blocks with no socks just to get the hell away from the cops! - Dru Down

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 04:44:37 PM »

Q-IC_H2O

• Honorary Member
fuck this shit ive heard it that they were planning to do it to c&c to just after they brought a complete edition
cant we do anything about it?

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 05:00:43 PM »

modern_man

• Honorary Member
fuck this shit ive heard it that they were planning to do it to c&c to just after they brought a complete edition
cant we do anything about it?

yeah we can call The

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2014, 11:09:55 AM »

Tankbuster

• Honorary Member
everyone should check this site out http://www.revivebf2.com/

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2014, 12:22:04 PM »

ZJbrandon

• Teabaggin' Slut
  • Admin
very interesting!
could be just what we need!
confusing part is they state that EA is working on a fix, it sounds like they are referring to the gamespy portion, since EA announced ending online support, how would we expect they are "working on a fix".

cool to see that they are working on some new maps, too!
 :cheers:

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2014, 07:38:08 PM »

Puffytron

• Server Admin
Email response from  Ricardo Casco  from http://www.revivebf2.com/

Thanks man! We are too. All is well so far! BF2 House Remix? Never heard of it, but it sounds pretty sweet haha

On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 8:23 PM, Kevin Weare <kevin@rhinobee.com> wrote:

Ricky,

Your site looks promising.  I have read over the site and hope that your teams efforts to make a usable bf2 game once ea drops goes well.   I mostly play with the titsandtaps.com  group.  We have a loyal group of players whom are also intrested in your success.

We will be following your progress!  Like the remix!  Here is another from youtube.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cEpVa47-o0

a.k.a.   Kaptkevlar

--

Ricardo Casco (Ricky) / Grip/Electric - Motion Graphics
Mobile: 832-704-5468/ ricky@ei-n.org

Illumino Films +! 631-709-9098
www.illuminofilms.com - www.ricardocasco.com

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2014, 08:59:35 PM »

irviding

• Honorary Member
LOL he has the area code of my county... i should visit him and lick him to make the game go up faster
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 09:02:08 PM by irviding »

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2014, 01:23:42 AM »

Asaultmaster

• Server Admin
Ya I just bought the complete version in January. Those inside trading teabaggers should be prosecuted.

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2014, 01:42:53 AM »

Ryland

• [Team]69er
I saw this after the "We're looking into it" tweet regarding Battlefield 2.  It sounds like all is not lost...

2014-05-09:
http://www.ea.com/news/update-on-ea-titles-hosted-on-gamespy

For the lazy:
Since GameSpy’s announcement, our teams have been working to evaluate options to keep services up and running.  Unfortunately, due to technical challenges and concerns about the player experience, we do not have a solution at this time. Online services for EA games on the GameSpy platform will be closed down at the end of June.

We know some of these games are still fan favorites, including Battlefield 2, Battlefield 1942, Medal of Honor: Allied Assault and Command & Conquer games. We are still investigating community-supported options to preserve online functionality for these titles, such as multiplayer. Significant technical hurdles remain, and at this time we don’t have anything to announce.

Community-supported options?   Gee, I hope ReviveBF2 is one of their contacts on this.

On their official "Service Update" list:
http://www.ea.com/1/service-updates

They have BF2 (among others) set to terminate service on June 30th.  I assume they're referring to the stat tracking database and possibly the login service.

My questions right now are:

• 1) Does BF2 use GameSpy for logging in?  When GameSpy shuts down, are we #%@^ outta luck for a while?
  • 2) (if 1 is not true) Will we still be able to use the "Connect to IP" feature after the Gamespy shutdown? (I don't see why not, since its not through GameSpy!)
  • 3) (if 1 is not true) After June 30th, will the game simply not work because we can't log in?  (Provided they haven't transitioned the login service to a "community" site)

(also, first post w00t).

Your tears are delicious.

Ancient C4 Vid | Ye Olde Tourney

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2014, 08:18:15 AM »

ZJbrandon

• Teabaggin' Slut
  • Admin
great post, Ryland. Thanks!

I'm right there with you, same exact questions floating around my head.
All i can think is, "hope for the best, prepare for the worst".
 :cheers:

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2014, 07:21:40 AM »

ZJbrandon

• Teabaggin' Slut
  • Admin
PC Gamer article from yesterday, May 15th.
http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/05/16/player-community-working-on-keeping-battlefield-2-battlefield-1942-online/

in a nutshell, same situation.

Re: EA/Gamespy shutdown - R.I.P. Battlefield 2...?
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2014, 06:24:15 PM »

irviding

• Honorary Member
Looks grim... honestly the hard truth is even if there is a "community supported option" it's still sort of the end of the game. Fact is when we see maybe 3-5 people trying to connect at peak hours and getting kicked for PB issues, then never coming back because they won't download the PB fix... we think that people are gonna go to the even greater lengths to connect to the game with community supported options?? Doubtful... Unless EA is able to fix it in its current state probably need to say goodbye.

Sucks... wish I bought some EA shares at the beginning of April and then unloaded them like these executives   LOL

Re: EA/Gamespy shutdown - R.I.P. Battlefield 2...?
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2014, 06:30:55 PM »

Exumify

• Dirty Swede!
  • Server Admin
I wonder how many that will get banned from the very few servers that will exist and never be able to play *cough cough*
Fuck, fuck, fuck a duck
Screw a kangaroo
69 a porcupine
Orgy at the Zoo!