Teamspeak Viewer

Latest Forum Members

This website is remains on a monthly payment for now, just can't quite yet bring myself to lose the record of our epic past!
The Teamspeak 3 server is an abandoned dark hole - scheduled to cease Dec.7th.
Find and friend us in Discord if you dare.
ZJ

Author Topic: Infantry with Jeeps  (Read 11265 times)

Infantry with Jeeps
« on: May 20, 2014, 10:08:12 AM »

Asaultmaster

• Server Admin
 I have another suggestion. I used to play on a server called Infantry with Jeeps back on 1.1 up to 2.1. It ran two maps only, with a few jeeps and trucks only for vehicles. Kubra Dam, 4 flags only, upper and lower dam,and construction site and power station, was the first one. This makes you have to learn the dam paths well, a lot of action, and isn't too far to walk.
   FF on, no nades or clays, no artillery, commanders ok, supplies and jeep drops ok. If you can kill an enemy with a drop all the better its funny as shit! :headbang:
 Next map Mashtar city,played the same way "only with all spawn points."

We could even play another map too. or go two rounds per map with highest scoring team taking the points for the 2-3 rounds. Must have 4 players to start game Oh ya Auto balance must be on! None of the administrators changing sides because they want to be on the winning side.  :flipoff:

Re: Infantry with Jeeps
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 10:28:38 AM »

SEVERE-RECTAL-TRAUMA

• Server Admin
Back in the day I played and was an admin on a server called BIB, they had just that. It had all vehicles but you could only use jeeps and vodniks. The only problem was in order to have jeeps you have to have all vehicles on, and inevitably some douche bag would hop in a tank, or a chopper, so we had to kick them. The server had to be heavily admined in order to do that. Im not sure if there is a mod for just vehicles only, but I will tell you infantry with jeeps was fun as hell. I played there for almost 2 years before BF3 came out and killed everything....lol

I'd travel blocks with no socks just to get the hell away from the cops! - Dru Down

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 10:35:42 AM »

Tankbuster

• Honorary Member
The only problem was in order to have jeeps you have to have all vehicles on, and inevitably some douche bag would hop in a tank

Lol yea back in the days before they added Infantry only, as soon as there were no admins on you would get people going in all the armor and destroying the place. I have played in infantry servers with jeeps too and its fun a long as they are for transport only.

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 10:55:57 AM »

Asaultmaster

• Server Admin
Well on this server there were no tanks or apc visible. Maybe that changed with an update. But ya it was fun as hell. people have to learn to shoot and stab. no nade spamming!! It also is a good sniper map Kubra, up at the dam. Lots of tunnles and ladders make for sneaking up with knives as well. I don't remember ever hearing from an admin as there wasn't a way to get into trouble as long as no cheats installed. Just the four spawn points keeps the fight local and spawn camping ok means you take the flags and kill everyone on the other team. :jeffey:

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2014, 11:48:59 AM »

ZJbrandon

• Teabaggin' Slut
  • Admin
what i understand is:
basically that kind of granular control over what weapons, etc are available is by tweaking the files on the server. BF2CC has some options, but not for things like no nades, etc.
This is not permitted due to agreements with EA on a Ranked Server.
However, there are and have been hosts who don't care about the agreement and allow it anyway.
Ours is not one of them, BUT, very soon that agreement may become null and worthless as EA officially drops support for the game.

My hope is that the patch that revivebf2 creates will change some things and that our host will begin to allow server side tweaks after EA drops it.

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2014, 08:31:50 PM »

Mudbutt

Severe-rec you were in BIB? I use to love that server!! Shame ithas gone away! Miss when there were tons of good servers! But ya to have jeeps on would take alot of admins cause people are stupid!

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2014, 01:42:32 AM »

SEVERE-RECTAL-TRAUMA

• Server Admin
Yea Mudbutt I played there for well over a year. BIB N4thy ran the server, she made me admin, she was bad ass. BIB were good peeps. We had a lot of late night knife battles with like 10 on 10...crazy shit....lol
I'd travel blocks with no socks just to get the hell away from the cops! - Dru Down

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2014, 02:11:43 AM »

Mudbutt

Yea Mudbutt I played there for well over a year. BIB N4thy ran the server, she made me admin, she was bad ass. BIB were good peeps. We had a lot of late night knife battles with like 10 on 10...crazy shit....lol

The good old days! Loved that server and =Fart= Mashtuur! those were my go to servers!

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2016, 10:21:02 PM »

Axesquard

It's good that we can raise this to say thank you very much.