Teamspeak Viewer

Latest Forum Members

This website is remains on a monthly payment for now, just can't quite yet bring myself to lose the record of our epic past!
The Teamspeak 3 server is an abandoned dark hole - scheduled to cease Dec.7th.
Find and friend us in Discord if you dare.
ZJ

Author Topic: Tactics and Formations  (Read 6465 times)

Tactics and Formations
« on: July 26, 2013, 05:46:21 PM »

donfede692

Hello all,

This thread is to start collecting:
   a) ideas/knowledge
   b) identify interested participants
to explore using more formal tactics and formations in the bf2 game.

Admittedly, my 'military training' is limited to games like bros. in arms, where fire and assault teams are used within a squad to pin down hostiles and then flank them.  Then again, bf2 is also a game, and real life USMC tactics may not apply to the fast pace of bf2.  Input from others would be welcome, and as I collect resources I hope to link to them from here.

I expect that trying formations will take a fair bit of concentration and cooperation from other players in the squad.  Worse, we may find they tactics and formations are too constraining for the quick pace of bf2 (especially with vehicles added). 

*T*
donfede

Re: Tactics and Formations
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 09:03:32 PM »

Exumify

• Dirty Swede!
  • Server Admin
Well, the first that comes to mind when I hear tacticts about BF2 is going with an assault squad with medics, lol.  ;D
Fuck, fuck, fuck a duck
Screw a kangaroo
69 a porcupine
Orgy at the Zoo!

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2013, 07:38:55 AM »

ZJbrandon

• Teabaggin' Slut
  • Admin
Sounds like fun to me, although as mentioned the fast pace of BF2 may or not allow some complicated tactics to fully execute.
I've always liked running in Squad with donfede, great player with focus on objectives and teamwork that is pretty rare to find.
 ;D

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2013, 08:43:46 AM »

G.o.D.

• .50Cal Admin
  • Server Admin
Squad based tactics can and do work, in almost any FPS. Especially BF2.
Getting your squad balanced, roles/tactics, and everyone knowing their positions, is usually key.

USMC Retired 92-04

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2013, 09:26:44 AM »

ZJbrandon

• Teabaggin' Slut
  • Admin
I wanted to squad up with you, Don, for infy yesterday, but I had to juggle making dinner and popping in and out of game. Also, since I will be completely lost in the maps when we get SF going, I hope to be in your squad!

I bet most of you already know this, but Donfede here has to be one of the best, most focused squad leaders out there.  :D