Teamspeak Viewer

Latest Forum Members

This website is remains on a monthly payment for now, just can't quite yet bring myself to lose the record of our epic past!
The Teamspeak 3 server is an abandoned dark hole - scheduled to cease Dec.7th.
Find and friend us in Discord if you dare.
ZJ

Author Topic: Gameservers.com (our host) and the upcoming shutdown  (Read 5657 times)

Gameservers.com (our host) and the upcoming shutdown
« on: May 22, 2014, 10:15:30 AM »

ZJbrandon

• Teabaggin' Slut
  • Admin
I asked about how they will handle this in regards to server side files accessible to server owners. (Needed to install whatever patch reviveBF2 comes up with)

Reference: ZOD-682VR
Subject: Game Server::~ Other ~

1) Please describe your problem:

I am sure you guys are aware of the announced upcoming ending of EA/Gamespy support for BF2. As you probably know, there are communities setting up alternate servers to pick up where EA drops it. This would require patches on the serve side to continue playing the game.

As I understand it, we as server owners are limited in what files can be modified on the server side, due to agreements with EA for a Ranked Server. When they officially stop supporting the game, will we then have more, or full access to the server side files, so that we may apply patches and keep the server available to game clients?

thanks!

they replied:

Dear Customer,

Ticket ZOD-682VR has been updated by Zachary Williams [staff].

Hello,

We do not have specific details yet in regards to what we will be permitted to do with 'ranked' servers.

We will certainly be hosting the unranked version of these games and will look into custom patches, and likely support the popular ones to ensure gameplay can continue.

I'm afraid I do not have an ETA on when we will be able to make any decisions or announcements regarding Ranked servers and what we will be able to do with them.

Thanks,

Zachary Williams
http://www.gameservers.com/
Frag. Not Lag.